Note: Depending on your account type, if you have a legacy Ustream account you may have slightly different options shown in the interactiviy tab of your account dashboard. You can find an overview of these options in the section of this article titled 'legacy interactivity options'.
Enabling or disabling the chat or Q&A tabs:
Hover over your username in the upper right corner and click on Dashboard
In the vertical menu on the left side, click Channels
Click on the name of the channel that you wish to change the settings for. This will open up the channel menu page.
Click on Interactivity
The Interactivity tab will allow you to configure settings for either the chat or the Q&A tab.
Enabling chat settings:
To enable chat for your channel, click the 'Settings' link to the right of the chat field. (For Q&A, do the same to the 'Settings' link to the right of Q&A)
Clicking on the radio button next to 'Enable chat' will make the Chat module appear on your channel page. Clicking on the 'Settings' link to the right of the Moderators field will allow you to add users who can function as moderators for chat on your channel.
Adding moderators to your chat module:
Moderators can be added below the enable / diable field on the Chat tab. You can add them by email address, or also by SAML ID if your account is a legacy Ustream Align or a Streaming Manager for Enterprise account type.
Enabling the Q&A module for your channel:
To enable the Q&A module on your channel, click settings to the right of the Q&A field, just as is done with Chat.
Q&A has multiple options that can be modified once the module has been enabled. These are shown in the image below, and described in the list below the image.
- Open Q&A: this button allows you to open the Q&A module without being on the channel page itself.
- Enable Q&A: this toggle button activates or deactivates the Q&A module on your page, and expands the other options on this page.
- Visibility options: this section allows you to set how the Q&A module shows the questions actually posted by viewers.
- Voting: enabling voting makes a small up arrow appear to the left of questions in a Q&A module, which will then show a 'vote' for a particular question.
- Export questions: you can export the questions on a Q&A module in the given date range.
After making any changes, be sure to click Save in order to make your changes take effect.
Legacy interactivity options:
If you have a legacy Ustream product, such as a Pro Broadcasting account, your interactivity settings may look a bit different. For example, you may have access to a Social Stream setting, or to our legacy Flash chat type. In this case your Interactivity tab may look like this:
The Social Stream and Twitter tabs allow users to share messages from your tab over to their social media accounts. This functionality is described in our support article, Using the Social Stream.